Social Elephants SL (Social Elephants) is the controller of the personal information you provide to Social Elephants.
The use of information collected through our site or business platform shall be limited to the purpose of providing the service you may have contracted.
About Personal Information
Personal Information collected
- Account Information. When you register to use the service we collect: an email address, your full name, company name, company address, telephone, country and username and password you create. Besides if an additional contract needs to be signed we may collect your ID number.
- Customer service. When you register to use the service we collect: an email address, your full name, company name, company address, telephone, country and username and password you create. Besides if an additional contract needs to be signed we may collect your ID number.
- Online payment. When signing up for a online payment, Social Elephants may also need your credit card information. For that purpose we use a third-party intermediary to manage credit card data and processing. This intermediary is not permitted to store, retain, or use your billing information except for the sole purpose of credit card processing on Social Elephants´s behalf. Social Elephants will never collect your credit card information.
- Data Collected for our Clients. Social Elephants provides management tools and on demand reports to our clients in order to manage their Social Media Channels. Names of social media individuals may appear in both public and private messages managed by our business platform. Social Elephants has no direct relationship with the individuals whose personal data it processes and the use of these data is restricted to the service delivered to manage our client Social Media Channels through our business platform.
- Automatic Data Collection. We collect certain information automatically and store it in log files including internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, and clickstream data, mobile device identifiers, and advertising identifiers. We use this information, which does not identify individual users, to analyze trends, to administer the site, to track users’ movements around the site and to gather demographic information about our user base as a whole. We do not link this automatically-collected data to personal information.
How this Personal Information is used
We acquire, hold, use, and Process Personal Information for a variety of business purposes, including:
- Operating our business. Your Personal Information must be used to provide the Service you may have contracted including verification purposes. Also we will be using your Personal Information to pursue legal and regulatory compliance and to guarantee the fulfillment of the terms and conditions of our service. In addition we send administrative or account-related information to you to keep you updated about our services and to provide transaction-related information.
- To engage in marketing activities. Based on your communication preferences Social Elephants may use Personal Information to send you emails about offers, products, and services that may be of interest. You can opt-out of the use of your Personal Information for marketing purposes, as further described below.
- To provide customer service. We process your personal information when you contact us to resolve any questions, disputes, collect fees, or to troubleshoot problems. We may process your information in response to another customer’s request, as relevant. Without processing your personal information for such purposes, we cannot respond to your requests and ensure your uninterrupted use of the services. For a better understanding of your user experience we may analyse your web experience. For that purpose we may use third parties applications.
- Research and Development. Social Elephants may use Personal Information to create non-identifiable information that we may use alone or in the aggregate with information obtained from other sources, in order to help us to optimally deliver our existing products and services or develop new products and services. For that purpose we might collect anonymous and aggregated information of use. We may share this information within Social Elephants and with third parties for our or their purposes in an anonymized or aggregated form that is designed to prevent anyone from identifying you.
How Personal Information is shared with third parties
In our commitment to your privacy we have secured that all our suppliers are using your Personal Information to perform the contracted services on our behalf or to comply with applicable legal requirements.
In case applicable law requires a specific legal mechanism to transfer such data, we will always ensure that such legal mechanism is implemented.
Sharing information for operating and administrative purposes. accounting, legal, taxing, transactional operations, payments, system maintenance, quality and satisfaction audit. In order to manage our operations we may cooperate with third parties. This is our current list of third parties to whom your personal information may be transferred and the purpose of transfers:
- Amazon Web Services Inc to storage data.
- 2NDSITE Inc. used for invoicing
- Stripe Inc. used for online payment processing
- Insightly Inc. used for used for management of the customer and project database
- Sales Machine Inc. used to monitor user experience to deliver a better customer service
- Freshworks Inc. used to deliver customer service and ticketing tracking.
- Google Inc. used to e-mail clients and as document storage.
- The Rocket Science Group LLC, used for email marketing
- BDO Abogados y asesores tributarios SL, used to provide accounting and tax services
- Sharing information for User Testimonials. We display personal testimonials of satisfied customers on our site in addition to other endorsements. With your consent we may post your testimonial along with your name. If you wish to update or delete your testimonial, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Merger, Sale, or Other Asset Transfers. If we are involved in a merger, acquisition, financing due diligence, reorganization, bankruptcy, receivership, sale of company assets, or transition of service to another provider, then your information may be sold or transferred as part of such a transaction as permitted by law and/or contract. We will hereby take care that your Personal Information is treated according to law.
Third Party Services
- the Facebook Terms of Service: https://www.facebook.com/terms.php
- the Instagram Terms of Service: https://help.instagram.com/478745558852511
- the Twitter Terms of Service: https://twitter.com/en/tos
- the YouTube Terms of Service: www.youtube.com/t/terms
Users can delete the Authorized data stored in Social Elephants by accessing the Social Profile settings and using the Disconnect button. In addition to this normal procedure users can revoke the Social Elephants access to their social profiles via the Third Party Providers’s settings:
- the Facebook (Instagram) Business integrations settings: https://www.facebook.com/settings?tab=business_tools
- the Twitter Apps settings: https://twitter.com/settings/applications
- the Google (YouTube) security settings: https://security.google.com/settings/security/permissions
The Customer accepts that the delivery and availability of certain Social Elephants services depend on the API access provided by Third Party Providers. Social Elephants does not make any warranties about the availability of any Third Party Provider's API. Customer understands and accepts that the Social Elephants services can be changed or amended without notice due to changes made by Third Party Providers and Social Elephants will not be liable to the Customer for any refunds or any damage or loss arising from or in connection with any such change made by the Third Party Provider or any resulting change to the Social Elephants services.
Data Security, location and transfers
Related to data security we understand how important your privacy is, which is why Social Elephants maintains (and requires its service providers to maintain) appropriate physical, technical and administrative safeguards to protect the security and confidentiality of the personal information you entrust to us.
Among other good practices we manage internal controls, and information security routines to protect your data. Upon request, we will provide further details about the measures implemented by us and our data service providers.
We may store all Personal Information we collect anywhere in the world, including but not limited to, the European Union and the United States, in the cloud, on our servers, on the servers of our affiliates or the servers of our service providers.
Social Elephants will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services. We will also retain personal data we process on behalf of our clients for as long as needed to provide services to our client. We will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
How to Opt-Out
- Email Communications. If you receive an unwanted email from us, you can use the unsubscribe link found at the bottom of the email to opt-out of receiving future emails. We will process your request within a reasonable time after receipt. You can also opt -out from your Social Elephants account in User Settings or sending an email to email@example.com with the subject Opt-Out.
- Rights of Access, Rectification, Erasure, and Restriction
- Clients. You can modify, update, or delete your account information at anytime by clicking on the Settings icon in your user navigation bar at the top the screen or by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject DPR. Please include your full name, email address associated with your Account, and a detailed description of your data request. Such requests will be processed in line with local laws. We will respond to any requests for access to personal information within 30 days.
- Data Controlled by Clients. We process information at the direction of our clients. An individual who seeks access, or who seeks to correct, amend, or delete data that is processed by Social Elephants for its client should direct his query to the Social Elephants client (the data controller). If the client requests Social Elephants to remove the data, we will respond to their request within 30 business days.
Children’s Personal Information
The Service and Site are not intended for, nor does Social Elephants knowingly collect any personal information from children under the age of 16.
Terms of Service
The Data ControllerLegal entity: Social Elephants,SL
Registered address: C/ Xacedos, 2, 15630 Miño, A Coruña, Spain
Business/tax address: Avda Diagonal, 618 7C, 08021 Barcelona, Spain
VAT Number: ESB-65823924